Become a Member
When should I become a member?
After you begin attending, you may start to feel that Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Congregation (EUUC) has become a part of your life. Our community is here: providing sermons, social justice work, sustainability efforts, spiritual development, social activities, and friends. As our community nourishes and enriches your life, we hope you consider joining EUUC as a member.
Why should I join?
You will likely feel more deeply connected to our programs and people. As a member of the EUUC community, you will have a voice in shaping it and steering us along a good path.
In the day-to-day life of the church, being a member opens up opportunities to chair committees that steer our social justice work and programs in a positive direction. A myriad of volunteer teams work with our staff in providing the programs and amenities that bring us together where we build friendships and simply have fun together.
Additionally, members shape our church through voting to elect the Board of Trustees, to call the minister, to approve the annual budget, and to change the Bylaws collectively, members hold the highest authority in our congregation.
We encourage members to pledge at a level that makes them feel good about helping provide all the amenities and programs that make our congregation a desirable community. The amount will be different for every individual or family.
How do I join?
When your life is better because of your involvement in our community and when you want to give your time, talent, and financial contributions to help others and our congregation, please take these steps to membership.
- Take two newcomer classes:
- Unitarian Universalist-101 – Unitarian Universalism: Beliefs, History, and Polity
- Unitarian Universalist-102 – Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Congregation: Culture and Responsibilities of Membership
- Complete a Contact Form.
- Complete a Pledge Form.
- Complete the Membership Checklist.
- Meet with our senior minister, Eric Kaminetszky, and sign the Membership Book!
- You may make an appointment to meet our senior minister, Eric Kaminetzky. You can reach Eric through the church office at 425.778.0373 or by email.
- Please contact Membership.