A small group of EUUC members have formed the Racial Justice Work Group. Our Mission Statement is “to promote through education and action a culture inside ourselves, the congregation, and the world at large that extends inherent worth and dignity to people of all races and ethnicities.” We are providing a variety of opportunities for others and ourselves to examine our own values and practices, to identify issues and to address the disparities in our country due to race and class.
Learn about Upcoming Racial Justice Events
Subscribe to Racial Justice News to stay informed about racial justice events and news at Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Congregation and the community. This emailed bulletin is sent periodically — only when we have important news.
Confirm your subscription
After clicking Subscribe, you will receive an email containing a link that you will need to click on in order to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox after an hour, please check your spam or junk mail folder.
The easiest way to unsubscribe is to click on the unsubscribe link at the end of any email you received from the list.
Racial Justice Events
Racial Justice News
- Sunday Offering for November November 7, 2018 ROOTS of South Sudan, the recipient of the Sunday offering for November, is a State of Washington non-proﬁt organization dedicated to supporting the women and children of South Sudan. Although peace between North and South Sudan has been achieved, tribal struggles for power are ongoing and limit people’s ability to move about freely and make a ... Read More about Racial Justice
- Thank You From the NW UU Justice Summit Organizers October 23, 2018 Here is Cecilia’s sermon at the Summit:Listen Dear EUUC members and friends, THANK YOU for hosting the 2018 NW Justice Summit. This Summit saw the launch of the new UU state action network for Washington, called JUUstice Washington. Your friends on the EUUC Summit host team were terrific, from soup, to songs, to sounding the gong. The ... Read More about Racial Justice
- Help pass I-1631 Clean Energy and Jobs October 19, 2018 We’re 18 days away from a historic election! In Snohomish County and around Washington State, there are thousands of voters who are confused by big oil’s attack ads but will support Initiative 1631 when they hear the facts from a volunteer. IF we can talk to enough of these voters statewide in the next 18 ... Read More about Racial Justice
- EUUC is hosting the NW UU Justice Summit on October 20! September 26, 2018 EUUC helped launch the NW UU Justice Network, which has been connecting justice-seeking UUs across the region since 2011. We are thrilled to be hosting the annual NW UU Justice Summit again, and invite you to register to attend – as well as, to volunteer! Please help us offer a warm EUUC welcome by volunteering to ... Read More about Racial Justice
- Poor Peoples Campaign A National Call for Moral Revival-ongoing June 25, 2018 The 40 days of march and civil disobedience on Mondays in state capitols and elsewhere was the beginning to organizing and empowering each state to make a difference in the moral practice of our country. EUUC has been at each act of civil disobedience and each march and was represented by members of our ... Read More about Racial Justice
- Poor Peoples Campaign June 3, 2018 Cecila Kingman forwarded a very inspiring YouTube video posted by Nick Maxwell from the Poor People’s Campaign. ( If you want to avoid auto-playing succeeding YouTube videos, scroll down till you see the blue autoplay button and simply move it to the left.) Read More about Racial Justice
- Poor People’s Campaign Week 1 May 25, 2018 On May 14, over 20 people from EUUC participated in the Poor People’s Campaign in Olympia, WA. Read More about Racial Justice
- Poor People’s Campaign Week 2 May 25, 2018 The focus of the May 21 gathering was “Ending Systemic Racism and Voter Supression.” Read More about Racial Justice