Liaison – Position Description
The purpose of the Board Liaison system is to enhance communication of the committees and the Board and to promote the health of that relationship.
- Serve as a link between the Board and the committee represented, actively supporting each committee so that members feel appreciated in doing an important job.
- Bring committee requests, recommendations, questions and concerns to the attention of the Board.
- Bring Board requests, recommendations, questions and concerns to the attention of the committee.
- Attend committee Meetings or obtains results of meetings from committee chairs as appropriate. If no chair, the liaison convenes meetings and recruits a chair. Ensures minutes of meetings are taken and a copy sent to the Administrator.
- Briefly summarize at each Board meeting the committee’s monthly activities.
- Determine if the committee is operating effectively or needs restructuring and reports this information to the Board.