Choir Director Staff Opening
Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Congregation
Title: Choir Director Contractor
Compensation: $11,000 per year
Preferred Schedule: Sundays in-person, on-site, twice a month. In-person 90-minute choir rehearsals weekly, Wednesday or Thursday evenings
Start Date: September 2023
We seek a choir director who can work with our non-auditioned but enthusiastic choir members.
Come be a part of our vibrant community, if
- You are at ease clearly communicating across the digital divide, and you can speak for effect
- People experience you as dependable, grounded, enthusiastic, kind, welcoming, supportive and present
- Your ability to set good boundaries for yourself and respect the boundaries of those around you allows people to experience you as appropriately available
- You have experienced, or are eager to come to know Unitarian Universalist values
- You have skills and experience in leading a choir that is non-auditioned but have some musical experience in singing in parts.
- You are looked up to as a role model, and the people you are responsible for look to you for firm and sympathetic support
- You give clear direction and you take appropriate direction
We are a mid-size congregation of about 300 folks of all ages located twelve miles north of Seattle in Edmonds.
We are building the beloved community cheerfully, imperfectly, haltingly, and doggedly. And we hope you will help us bring the beloved community to life through song.
- Experience with clearly directing a community or congregational choir and finding music that is generally a match for skill but sometimes (1-3x/year) a stretch that could require a few months to work up
- Ability to provide digital or vocal recording of parts if time allows is appreciated
- Lead one to two choir pieces in Sunday services twice a month, with warm up practice 45 min to 1 hour before our 10am service
- Using our sheet music files and adding to them, offer a variety of music, some UU traditional or classic and some more contemporary, but always in sympathy with UU values
- Ability to provide proper singing technique in a choral setting
- An accompanist can be hired if desired
- Direct choir from September-May 2024
How to Apply
If you are excited about the possibilities of this role but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply. We are open to the possibility that you will thrive and grow into the position with us.
EUUC values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
EUUC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.