Pacific Northwest District (PNWD) Governance and Goals
A Board of Directors, whose nine elected members serve for three-year terms, governs the PNWD. The Board’s mission:
To increase Unitarian Universalist presence in the Pacific Northwest and to enhance the development of member congregations.
Each board member serves as a liaison to district societies in a defined geographic area.
Our church is represented by the liaison to the Puget Sound area.
The goals of the PNWD are to:
- Cultivate cooperative relationships among the member congregations and their constituencies.
- Promote the religious life of these congregations
- Assist member congregations to carry on active and effective programs within their respective communities.
- Cooperate with the Unitarian Universalist Association
- Assist and encourage the development of new congregations