Flyers, posters, brochures, and ads
Please read these tips before placing an ad, posting a flyer, or distributing any information outside EUUC. External communications comprise material intended to promote the church or any aspect of church life, including, services, movies, speakers, concerts, and classes. These notices include
- printed notices that are to be posted on community bulletin boards and at local businesses
- brochures that are distributed outside of the EUUC building
- press releases
- electronic notices for online bulletin boards, websites, or any Internet location
Help stop spam!
Never post an email address ending with @euuc.org on a poster, flyer, registration form, ad or anything that might be made available online, unless that email address includes “rsvp”.
The Congregational Administrator can set up an RSVP email address for your committee or group. Messages sent to that email address will be forwarded to a member of your group. When the spam reaching that RSVP email address becomes unbearable, we will delete the address, and create a new one for your group.
You can include a short link to directions and contacts.
What types of information should you include?
You will need to decide the specific information that needs to be conveyed, but here are some ideas.
- Who is sponsoring the event?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Describe the event. For instance, name the speakers and performers, and provide background information.
- When and where will the event be held?
- What is the purpose of the event?
- How does the public learn more? Phone number? Website? Contact form?
- How do they register? Phone number? Online form? RSVP email address?
- How much does it cost?
- How do people volunteer or participate?
How long before the event should you submit your publicity?