Mission: Improving lives in our neighborhood
The Community Engagement Committee improves people’s lives locally. Our projects often involve volunteering directly with the people who need our support.
Who are we?
The Community Engagement Committee is a group of caring committed people who act on our vision of a just and sustainable world through direct service. We help our neighborhood community by first learning what people need and then by asking our congregation to help fulfill those needs through understanding the issues and volunteering to help.
Our committee is primarily known for its hands on activities with the Cold Weather Shelter, Neighbors in Need Saturday breakfasts, South Snohomish County Toy Shop, the EUUC garden and several high need neighborhood elementary schools.
Through the generosity of pledges to the Social Justice Fund, the committee financially supports many valuable social service agencies and the hands on work we do with those organizations.
If you want to directly help people in our community now, come join us!
All are welcome to join our group and/or to volunteer on projects! We usually meet on the second Monday of the month, at 7 p.m. in Friarplace.
Want to help or learn more?
Contact Community Engagement Committee
- White Privilege in Hair Care?Your generosity brought in $500 during this fundraiser to purchase hair care products for women of color. Thank you to all who gave! We are ...Read more
- Social Justice Council Creates Sunday Offerings COVID-19 Response FundWe have heard our congregation’s desire to support Washingtonians during this pandemic and its economic fallout. For the next few months, we will direct the ...Read more
- Community Engagement Committee – It Takes a VillageSince its creation about 40 years ago, the Community Engagement Committee, (formely the Social Concerns committee) has provided volunteer and financial assistance to numerous local ...Read more
- Justice Sing-Along: Share the Struggle – Share the CamaraderieFriday, October 19, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., Chapman Hall Lift your spirits and join voices in songs of social justice. Bruce Baker will lead this special ...Read more
- EUUC is hosting the NW UU Justice Summit on October 20!EUUC helped launch the NW UU Justice Network, which has been connecting justice-seeking UUs across the region since 2011. We are thrilled to be hosting ...Read more
- Thank You Notes from Students at Cedar Valley Community SchoolEUUC provided the funds for students at Cedar Valley Community School to go on a field trip to the Seattle Children’s Theater. They saw The Journal of ...Read more