Advocating for Women and Girls
Working toward improving the lives of women
As Advocates for Women, we are committed to addressing the challenges that prevent women and girls from realizing their full potential and allowing them to act as equal partners.
How can humanity solve the global issues of climate change, political conflict, disease, social inequality, and more when half of us are held back? A woman’s place is as much in business or politics as in the home! We educate ourselves and the congregation, advocate for womens rights, and raise funds for organizations that support women and girls.
Issues we focus on include:
|Ending Violence Against Women and Girls||Challenging Beauty Standards|
|Economic Justice||Racial Justice|
|Reproductive Rights||LGBTQ Rights|
Tuesday Mornings 9:00 am: Join us in front of the Planned Parenthood Health Center in Lynnwood to show support for the services they provide and the people who rely on them. For more information visit our Support and Serve Page
Meetings and more
Check the calendar for our next meeting, which is usually on the first Monday of each month.
Take a look at our Support and Serve Page
Read our brochure (PDF)
- Thank you for supporting the next generation of Native Women in Washington! November 26, 2018 Thanks to the many of you who attended the Advocates for Women’s dinner on November 11 to benefit Native Action Network. The Network provides young Native women the tools they need to claim their sacred role as Native leaders.Together, you donated almost $3000! It’s not too late to give if you were unable to attend the ... Read More
- Your Coins Power Laundry for Women in Transition October 1, 2018 Awash in Quarters – your coins power loads of laundry for women in transition! Have you ever washed your clothes in a laundromat? Lugging heavy laundry bags inside, you feel wafts of warm steamy air scented mildly with laundry detergent and scan the room for empty machines. You will need quarters – lots of quarters – ... Read More
- EUUC is hosting the NW UU Justice Summit on October 20! September 26, 2018 EUUC helped launch the NW UU Justice Network, which has been connecting justice-seeking UUs across the region since 2011. We are thrilled to be hosting the annual NW UU Justice Summit again, and invite you to register to attend – as well as, to volunteer! Please help us offer a warm EUUC welcome by volunteering to ... Read More
- Thank you for helping the next generation of Native Women in Washington! September 26, 2018 Thanks to the many of you who attended the Advocates for Women’s dinner on November 11 to benefit Native Action Network. Their website (www.enduringspirit.org) speaks eloquently about the strong and respected role of Native women in traditional communities. Because modern society can distract from these valued traditions, young women must be provided the tools they need to ... Read More
- Your Coins Power Laundry for Women in Transition September 12, 2018 Awash in Quarters – your coins power loads of laundry for women in transition! Have you ever washed your clothes in a laundromat? You lug your heavy laundry bags inside where you’d feel wafts of warm steamy air scented mildly with laundry detergent. After scanning the room for a couple of empty machines, you need quarters. ... Read More