Advocating for Women and Girls
Working toward improving the lives of women
As Advocates for Women, we are committed to addressing the challenges that prevent women and girls from realizing their full potential and allowing them to act as equal partners.
How can humanity solve the global issues of climate change, political conflict, disease, social inequality, and more when half of us are held back? A woman’s place is as much in business or politics as in the home! We educate ourselves and the congregation, advocate for womens rights, and raise funds for organizations that support women and girls.
Issues we focus on include:
|Ending Violence Against Women and Girls||Challenging Beauty Standards|
|Economic Justice||Racial Justice|
|Reproductive Rights||LGBTQ Rights|
Tuesday Mornings 9:00 am: Join us in front of the Planned Parenthood Health Center in Lynnwood to show support for the services they provide and the people who rely on them. For more information visit our Support and Serve Page
Meetings and more
Check the calendar for our next meeting, which is usually on the first Monday of each month.
Take a look at our Support and Serve Page
Read our brochure (PDF)
- Postponed – March 8 Advocates Dinner March 5, 2020Due to recent public health guidance, Advocates for Women is postponing their benefit dinner for Hesperian Health Guides. We will reschedule when the recommendations change, so keep posted!Read More
- Advocates for Women to Hold Benefit Dinner for Hesperian Health, March 8 2020, 5 pm in Chapman Hall February 9, 2020What if there is no doctor or midwife? In resource-limited settings around the world, Hesperian Health Guides provide essential clinical information to health workers in their own language . Since cell phones are increasingly used by people in low income countries, Hesperian has begun creating phone apps to deliver health information to patients and health ...Read More
- Feminism for All: Why Patriarchy is Not Just About Men January 9, 2020Bring your lunch and join us for a discussion of the patriarchal system, how it affects us all, and what we can do to change a system that separates and controls. Email email@example.com for an optional article Sunday, January 12th, 12:30 pm in room 1 Please RSVP to A4W@euuc.orgRead More
- Dec. 8 Lunch and Learn – Reproductive Justice: US Laws and UU Principles November 10, 2019Advocates for Women invite you to join us in Chapman Hall after second service on Sunday December 8, where we will learn about legal strategies to defend reproductive rights for all women and how this fight intersects with UU principles. Reproductive justice goes beyond Pro-Choice, including not only abortion rights and access, but also equity ...Read More
- No Longer Sleepless in Seattle November 9, 2019
- Feminism for All: Is Feminism still Relevant Today? November 1, 2019‘Feminism’ is often a misunderstood eight letter word. There is a widespread belief in the importance of gender equity, yet a word that describes this belief, ‘Feminism,’ is often inaccurately perceived – and even scary to some! Please drop-in for a discussion on the meaning, and relevance of ‘Feminism’ today, while sharing our own stories ...Read More
- Caring and Sharing: Skin Care for Women of Color April 15, 2019Women of color have unique skin and hair requirements; however, ethnic skincare products are rarely donated to shelters in our area. Advocates for Women, and the Racial Justice Committee are co-sponsoring a fundraiser to benefit women of color living at Pathways for Women, and the Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County. From May 5th through May 26th EUUC members ...Read More
- You’ve come a long way…maybe! The road to gender equity in America – March 10 February 16, 2019Please join us on Sunday March 10 after second service to explore the myth of gender equity in America. Where is our country on the road to gender equity? Who has reaped most benefits and who lags behind? Advocates for Women invite you to learn about the progress achieved and the challenges ahead in an ...Read More
- Thank you for supporting the next generation of Native Women in Washington! November 26, 2018Thanks to the many of you who attended the Advocates for Women’s dinner on November 11 to benefit Native Action Network. The Network provides young Native women the tools they need to claim their sacred role as Native leaders.Together, you donated almost $3000! It’s not too late to give if you were unable to attend the ...Read More
- Your Coins Power Laundry for Women in Transition October 1, 2018Awash in Quarters – your coins power loads of laundry for women in transition! Have you ever washed your clothes in a laundromat? Lugging heavy laundry bags inside, you feel wafts of warm steamy air scented mildly with laundry detergent and scan the room for empty machines. You will need quarters – lots of quarters – ...Read More