The Racial Justice Committee (RJC) meets monthly on Zoom. If you would like to join a meeting and get a zoom link, please contact Ginger Alonzo.
The RJC offers book study groups, opportunities to support the BIPOC community through action and giving, and information about pertinent legislative/legal actions to be aware of, and opportunities for learning and reflection. You can subscribe to the Racial Justice list. Note that this list is used only occasionally for special bulletins. For regular updates on actions and activities from Racial Justice read This Week at EUUC.
Racial Justice News
- “Finish the Fight” Film Discussion April 25, 2021Black, Indigenous, Chinese, and Latinx women fought hard to secure women’s right to vote just over 100 years ago. The film, “The Heroes of the Suffrage Movement | Finish the Fight” by the NY Times introduces us to tenacious women who were fighting for equality for their communities of color, and took on women’s suffrage ...Read More
- Tribal Treaty Rights, Fracked Gas, and Unitarian Universalist Values April 12, 2021Ancestral Waters by Native Daily Network Film Screening & Discussion Wednesday, April 14 5:30pm PT / 8:30pm ET Film 7pm PT / 10pm ET Discussion Register Here You are invited to an online screening of Native Daily Network’s film Ancestral Waters for the Unitarian Universalist (UU) community! This film by Native Daily Network documents the Puyallup Tribe’s fight against the Tacoma LNG fracked gas facility and focuses on disregarded treaty obligations, which the faith ...Read More
- Lobby Room on the Home Stretch – Take Action Now! April 3, 2021Lobby Room is one way that EUUC puts Faith into Action. The Lobby Room group has reviewed 2021 bills, especially those recommended by our allies working for Climate Justice, Racial Justice, and for Women and Families. We’ve selected 12 bills to focus on this year and some of them have now passed both chambers! These ...Read More
- What’s happening in the Lobby Room? Party Feb. 15 and prizes! February 7, 2021The Lobby Room is one way that EUUC puts Faith into Action. The Lobby Room group has reviewed 2021 bills, especially those recommended by our allies working for Climate Justice, Racial Justice, and for Women and Families. We’ve selected 12 bills to focus on this year. If you want to review those bills, get some ...Read More
- The Lobby Room Returns – Info Party Jan. 18! January 2, 2021Many challenges await the 2021 state legislature’s 105-day budget session, which starts January 11. The budget deficit looms large. Pandemic restrictions will slow progress. So, we must inform our legislators about our priorities – early and often! Join our Legislative Action Zoom Party Join us Monday, Jan 18, 7-8:30 pm for our first Legislative Action party! Email ...Read More