We hope you’ll Join us in our work toward Collective Liberation! The Racial Justice Committee coordinates and collaborates on learning experiences, direct action, and reflection as we together strive to dismantle white supremacy culture and work to end oppression.
We meet on Zoom monthly to organize and plan activities (Usually on second Thursdays from 7 to 8:30 PM)
Email questions to: Racial Justice we’d love to connect!
Racial Justice News
- The Lobby Room: Our Best Year Yet! April 29, 2023Thanks to the congregation, we had a great year in the Lobby Room with over 3100 legislative contacts reported! Some highlights of the legislation are described below. The Lobby Room is a collaboration between EUUC Social Justice Committees, specifically Advocates for Women, Peace & Justice, and Racial Justice. Teams from each committee review the legislative agendas ...Read More
- We Have to Nip “Cop Cities” in the Bud April 25, 2023First Chicago, then Atlanta, and now other cities are talking about building police training facilities designed to train police in urban combat and citizen control. This is a horrific idea for a number of reasons: –Police are already too aggressive, with police killings increasing every year since 2017, topping out at 1,096 in 2022, disproportionately killing ...Read More
- What’s so bad about Crisis Pregnancy Centers? January 18, 2023If you’ve been around the reproductive justice movement at all, you’ve probably heard the term “crisis pregnancy center.” Not just an annoyance, crisis pregnancy centers do real harm to real people. Here’s a rundown of what’s bad about them. What harm do CPCs do? Crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs), also called “pregnancy resource centers”, or “pregnancy care clinics”, ...Read More
- The 2023 Lobby Room Heats Up! January 17, 2023Many challenges await the 2023 state legislature’s 105-day budget session, which starts January 10. Let’s build on our past successes to promote those bills that our mission and UU principles guide us to support. Only one week later, bills are beginning to move quickly, so action is needed! Bills We Recommend The Lobby Room group has ...Read More
- 400 Abortion Aftercare Kits from Our Work Party January 2, 2023In the quiet time between Christmas and New Year, 17 members and friends of Advocates for Women, the Racial Justice Committee, and the Reproductive Justice Work Group held a work party at EUUC to put together abortion aftercare kits. Planned Parenthood of Seattle provided the supplies and we provided the brawn. Together we assembled about ...Read More