Who receives the Sunday offering?
Sunday Offering Committee
The Sunday Offering Committee selects organizations to receive the money collected during the Sunday services. The committee often arranges for a spokesperson from the organization to briefly introduce their organization’s work to the congregation.
Would you like to nominate a charity?
We invite you to fill out the online form to nominate an organization. Of course, not all of the nominations we receive will be selected.
Are you interested in helping or learning more?
Contact: Sunday Offering
Sunday Offering News
- Putting Our Congregational Stands into Action February 8, 2021Did you know that EUUC has bylaws and a policy which outline how we might, as a congregation, take stands on issues we find morally imperative? There are specific procedures about how to introduce a stand, plus 90 days of education, and a secret vote that must be above 75% in order to enact the ...Read more
- Sunday Offering – February 2021 – Facing Homelessness January 31, 2021Facing Homelessness is a grassroots non profit organization that came into being by a simple act. That simple act was to face a homeless person and look beyond the stereotype. To quote the founder, Rex Hohlbein, “The negative stereotype against the homeless was not matching up to the beauty of those I was meeting.” In ...Read more
- Sunday Offering – January 2021 – UUA Disaster Relief and Resources January 5, 2021“Our Disaster Relief Fund is part of a covenant—a covenant between the UUA and congregations, between congregations who give generously and those in need, and with our community partners. Through aiding our congregations, their members and their community partners, we are able to embody our faith and values. Staff from all five UUA regions and the ...Read more
- Sunday Offering – December 2020 – Lift Every Voice Legacy Fund December 2, 2020The Sunday offering committee humbly brings to you the Lift Every Voice Legacy in partnership with the Community of Color Coalition as the December recipient. EUUC funds collected will support the production of Third Annual 2021 Tribute to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The theme of the January virtual event will be “Becoming Brave” – the title ...Read more
- Sunday Offering – November 2020 – YWCA November 4, 2020The Sunday offering committee humbly brings to you the YWCA as the November recipient. EUUC will dedicate all funds collected to the YWCA emergency housing fund. They provide a full spectrum of services for individuals and families to prevent homelessness and find a stable home, including emergency shelter, temporary housing, and affordable permanent units. “Because ...Read more
- Sunday Offering – August 2020 – UU the Vote August 17, 2020We have heard loud and clear that you want EUUC to be involved in making sure people get to vote. UU the Vote is actively doing so, and we can help! Contributions to our Sunday Offering for the month of August, will go to the UU the Vote campaign. Their funds provide grants for local ...Read more
- Social Justice Council Creates Sunday Offerings COVID-19 Response Fund May 4, 2020We have heard our congregation’s desire to support Washingtonians during this pandemic and its economic fallout. For the next few months, we will direct the Sunday offering to organizations playing a vital role in COVID-19 relief in our area. We will periodically assess which organizations to directour offerings to. The Social Justice Council does the ...Read more