Home » President – Position Description
- Lead the Board in carrying out the mission
- Represent the Board to the congregation and community
- Represent the Board at District meetings/events
- Organize Board meetings, including:
- Calling the meeting
- Ensuring that each meeting is facilitated
- Ensure that the Board reviews the bylaws annually and proposes necessary revisions
- Ensure that Board guidelines and policies are collected, written, and reviewed by the Board annually and revised as necessary
- Ensure that committees are established where necessary and staffed appropriately
- Ensure that appropriate committees are assigned a Board liaison
- Ensure that the calendar is set and maintained through a Leadership Council and/or the Administrator
- Call and lead all congregational meetings. Appoint three members at each meeting to review and correct minutes.
- Maintain open communication with Congregational Administrator.
- May be authorized to sign checks drawn on the bank account and be available to assist the Treasurer as needed
- Attend Executive Committee meetings
- Provide Newsletter editor with President’s Column article as appropriate.