Secretary – Position Description
- Ensure that minutes are taken, written, approved, preserved and distributed to members and Congregational Administrator prior to the next board meeting.
- Attend Executive Committee meetings and ensure that minutes are taken and distributed.
- Receive all correspondence addressed to the Board and handle as appropriate.
- Ensure that an agenda is prepared and distributed in advance of all board and congregational meetings.
- Ensures that all congregational meeting minutes are taken, written, approved and preserved.
- Ensure that all members receive timely notification of congregational meetings, as specified in the bylaws.
- Review the Board of Trustees Handbook annually and update the handbook as needed (with the President). NOTE: Administrator may be available for producing corrected copies each year.
- Review the Board of Trustees Handbook and update the handbook as needed (with the Secretary or Vice President as available)
- Ensure that an article is submitted to the next newsletter following the Board meeting, to present highlights and actions of the Board meeting.
- Acknowledge all special gifts to the church: Special Gifts to EUUC.